Saturday, December 13, 2014

Gone Girl......cautivating

The Awards Season is approaching and the bets have started. Different websites and blogs are commenting about their favorite films and performances. In my particular case, I will talk about all the movies running on this upcoming season.
So my first film to approach is Gone Girl.

When I saw the trailer I completely believe that the movie was about a husband that killed his wife to get rid of her to gain her money and have the possibility to be with his lover. Imagine my surprise when story reveals that Amy )played by Rosamund Pike) was a maniac!!! The story have a turn of 360 degrees and I LOVE IT !
My perspective changed completely from believing that the husband Nick (played by Ben Affleck) was a murderer and cold hearted to the idiot who underestimated his wife intelligence and now was losing in her game. Later on, I couldn't avoid to laugh when Amy comes back all covered in blood and tells Nick to thank her because he was scoured.And the ending, when Nick decides to stay with her for his kid, is surprising and disconcerting at the same time.

The combination of Gillian Flynn, the author, and David Fincher, the director, created a masterpiece, where we don't know what is going to happen next in David Fincher's words.

Regarding the performances, Ben Affleck is great as in Argo, where he was aclaimed as an actor and director. Rosamund Pike was extraordinary, her capacity to bond the sweet and maniac Amy was perfect! I couldn't believe that she was the same person who gave live to sweet Jane Bennet in Pride and Prejudice (2005) and carefree Helen in An Education (2009).

I believe the movie is all up ascending and already has significant nominations in the 72th Golden Globe Awards, like Rosamund Pike as Best Actress in a Motion Picture Drama, Daivd Fincher as Best Director in a Motion Picture Drama, Gillian Flynn as Best Screenplay, and Best Original Score.

To finish, here is an interview of the actor, the director and the author.



No comments:

Post a Comment